Friday, December 12, 2008

Killing Time

I am bored. Stealing an idea via Snag. I own - or have owned - all of the following.

1. Title track: Any song that is also the title of the album from whence it came, such as “Piano Man” from the album Piano Man.



2. I Command You A song title which is a command in the grammatical sense, such as “Don’t Stop” or “Please Please Me.”



3. Human Anatomy 101 A song about a part of the body, whether it’s the eyes, the heart, or the toe. Any part of the body at all.



4. Song about waiting Self-explanatory, surely.



5. Novelty song:



6. Great song on a shit album Again, that’s obvious enough. A song you like from an album you don’t.



7. Song from 2008 Yes, it’s time for you people to get current again. Any song that was released this year.



8. Song about school:



9. This & That A song with a title using the conjunction “and” . . .



10. Dedication: dedicate a song on your mix to someone!



Dedicated to my lovely six-year-old daughter who likes angry music in Spanish.

11. Favorite song from the year you graduated high school.



12. Song you are most surprised to discover in your CD/MP3 collection. Alternate category name: “That’s not mine, officer.”

I have no musical guilty pleasures. Should someone else want to be embarrassed on my behalf, here:


13. Kick-ass cover The old favorite.



14. Song with your name in the title You can use your middle name if you can’t find anything for your first name.

Let's pretend my name is Vincent.


15. Smoking song—a song about smoking, what else?



16. Song about magic



17. Next song Heidi should learn on the guitar (a.k.a. While Stennie’s guitar gently weeps)?



18. Introductory song: Song you would like to have played by Paul Schaeffer and the CBS Orchestra if you were a guest on Letterman.



19. Amnesia: a song about forgetting



20. Amnesty song As always, a song that you would have liked to use in this (or any other) mix, but couldn’t seem to find room for.

4 comments:

deleted said...

RB: I'm bored too. I cannot resist these song listing things.

1. Title track: Any song that is also the title of the album from whence it came.
"Court and Spark" - Joni Mitchell

2. I Command You:
"Keep On Rockin' in the Free World" Neil Young

3. Human Anatomy 101:
"I Think I'm Goin' Out of my Head" Little Anthony and the Imperials

4. Song about waiting:
"Crosseyed and Painless" by Talking Heads. (Still waiting ... still waiting)

5. Novelty song:
"Living with a Hernia" by Weird Al Yankovic.

7. Song from 2008:
I got nothing.

8. Song about school:
"School's Out" -- Alice Cooper

9. This & That A song with a title using the conjunction “and”
Twist & Shout -- Isley Bros.; Beatles

10. Dedication: dedicate a song on your mix to someone!
"In Your Wildest Dreams" by Moody Blues. He knows who he is.

11. Favorite song from the year you graduated high school:
"I'm 18" by Alice Cooper, because I was and that was when AC was considered edgy.

12. Song you are most surprised to discover in your CD/MP3 collection.
"Happiest Girl in the Whole USA" by Donna Fargo. I just love that song and I will not apologize.

13. Kick-ass cover The old favorite:
"The Letter" by Joe Cocker.

14. Song with your name in the title
"Dammit Janet!" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's the only one I know of.

15. Smoking song—a song about smoking, what else?
"Smokin' in the Boys Room" - I don't remember who did that but I always thought it was fun.

16. Song about magic
"Magic Man" by Heart. Again I refuse to apologize.

Righteous Bubba said...

I like almost all of those. I'll have to download Donna Fargo.

deleted said...

It's almost a novelty song. I wanted to have it played a few years ago at my daughter's wedding as she walked down the aisle, but for some reason she refused.

Anonymous said...

Those are some great tunes, RB! Just bought a couple of them.